IGNITEU NY IS SEEKING VOLUNTEERS FOR THE FOLLOWING MENTOR ROLES:
Lead Mentors – Assigned to a core team:
Responsibilities and expectations:
- Dedicated to a single team throughout the program.
- Facilitating 70 to 100 interactions during the course of the program by
- Assisting the teams with developing and updating their outreach strategy.
- Making appropriate introductions between the team and your network.
- Review the team’s progress and business model canvas
- Assist the teams in preparing for pitch events.
- Sitting in on pitches whenever possible
- Participate in the team’s mock board meeting during the final week of the program.
- Meet weekly with core team and intern to keep core team on track with program progress
- Meet periodically with the EiR to address team needs, especially early on in the program
- Provide feedback to program staff on the program and your role
- Expected level of commitment is 2-4 hours per week.
- Meets with the entire cohort at least once to share your experience, best practices, and answer questions from the teams.
- Provide program staff with brief bio to allow teams to prepare for chat and ask targeted questions
- Duration: typically one hour or less
- Coordinate with the Entrepreneur-in-Residence and program administration on topics and classes.
- Lead a workshop and provide expertise on a specific topic relevant to the needs of the cohort.
- Hold office hours and meet with teams.
- One hour weekly preferred